Tuesday, May 20, 2008

All Is Well

This is just a quick post to say that all is well here. We had a busier couple of days and then discovered that we are having some troubles with our laptop...hence the lack of posting...one of us will try and stay up a little later this evening and use the Zuetana computer to post pics and give more detail on what we have been doing.

In short, we went to the embassy physician yesterday and everything checked out fine with Jonatan. This morning we went to the US Embassy to apply for Jonatan´s visa-passport...and it was approved. We will return tomorrow to pick up his passport...and, then, surprisingly, everything will be finished! Yeah!!!!!

So, here is the prayer request...actually, it isn´t a terribly big deal, but if you want to see us earlier than Saturday, pray that we can get the adoption fair tickets worked out...we called the International line for Delta last night and were put on hold 2 separate times for over 45 minutes each...and then only to be told that while there is room on flights coming out of Bogota Thursday and Friday, our adoption fair will not allow it because of the ´class´of tickets...hmmmmm...that is why we paid the higher rate in the first place through our travel agency...soooooooo, I (Sheila) am calling our travel agency in the US after I am done with this post to see why all the confusion...and to see if they can just take care of it for us.

Until later, know that we are doing well...(when I opened my inbox today, I saw that we are starting to get "Are you OK messages!"). We are just having some electronic difficulties and a few busy, longer days...too much detail for me to share now...but will later. Much Love, The Derrs

5 comments:

Beth said...

So glad things are moving along and you will be home soon. Just wanted you to know we are still checking on you and are so happy for you. God Bless

Simek's said...

Well this was a much needed posted, I was the worried one! I'm galde to hear all is well. I hope you have better luck with all these problems and get to come home sooner then later. You all are in our prayers, take care and stay in touch!

Love you all,
Jenny, Ian, Taylor, Jayden

Sherri said...

Yea! Glad to hear things are progressing just as they should. Keep fighting on that fare! They changed ours without a problem, but at the airport they were ready to charge us for changing and Joel was arguing with them (it may help to pretend you don't know Spanish :), we really didn't and I wonder if they just wanted to be done with us!). I hope to hear soon all is settled and you'll leave soon!

Love,
Sherri

John, Patty, Tiffany & Brian said...

HI SHeila! Glad to see things are moving along. You will be back home before you know it. As for the tickets, we bought the adoption fare through Delta and had no problems changing them. We left on a Wednesday. I called the 1-800 number Delta gave me when I purchased the tickets and we had new reservations in less than 20 minutes. Don't let them charge you any extra. We had paid almost $400.00 more for my ticket (adoption fare) than John & Tiffany's just so I that I could change the date anytime without any penalties. Good luck!

Unknown said...

Sheila & Dave I am so excited for you. I have enjoyed, MORE then you can imagine, reading all about your trip & adventures with Jonatan. I absolutely loved the "pop" comment for all us eastern PA folks. It made me laugh out loud here at work. I will be praying for a safe trip home for your family & I can't wait to meet your new addition & see you all again. Love to you always
Your Cuz Cindy